COC COALITION MEETING
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 – 1:30PM
Location: Exhibit Hall – El Paso County Fairgrounds, 366 10th Street, Calhan, CO
- TESSA – Michelle Schaunaman, Community Outreach Liaison
“TESSA strives to realize our vision of a safe community free of personal violence for all. We seek to accomplish this goal this in a variety of ways:
- Provide immediate safety for women, children and other victims escaping abuse through our safehouse.
- Empower survivors through our advocacy and counseling programs.
- Create a safer future through education and outreach to schools, businesses, and other organizations.
- Special Kids, Special Families (SKSF) – Linda Ellegard and Greg Doan
SKSF is a Colorado non-profit 501(c)3 organization founded in 1998 to provide community support & services to families who are raising youth and caring for adults with developmental disabilities and special needs. Their agency noted the lack of community services to prevent out of home placement for youth and young adults. Respite care, specialized foster care, adult day programs, and family preservation services have evolved from this need.
- Fountain Valley Senior Center – Nanette Healey, Grants Coordinator
They are reaching out in efforts to coordinate their transportations services to include all of eastern El Paso County – including Ramah, Rush, Ellicott, Yoder and surrounding areas.
They also handle the rural area meal program.
- Update from agencies in attendance
Michelle Milner, with PP United Way 211 invited our Coalition agencies to post activities on their electronic calendar which located on the ppunitedway.org website. The events must be health and human service related, ie: not fundraising events. Event information can be emailed to Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Michelle at 719-955-0732.
- Next Meeting – Wed. March 20, 2013
Location: EXHIBIT Hall – El Paso County Fairgrounds