Posts for : February 2014
JOB TITLE: Vice President of Advancement STATUS: REG/FT/E
REPORTS TO: President/CEO SCHEDULE: Typically Mon – Fri
Springs Rescue Mission considers every position one of ministry and a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of SRM have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As vice president of advancement, plan, develop, implement, and direct a comprehensive fund-raising program on behalf of Springs Rescue Mission. Communicate our vision and purpose and secure support and resources to enable and facilitate the mission and vision of SRM. Hire, train, supervise, and direct the development staff, delegating responsibilities appropriately.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
> As a member of Executive Team, uphold, promote, and encourage, in word and deed, desired organizational culture and core values; purposefully seek to establish and maintain a culture that affirms and advances SRM core values: Christ-Centered, Service, and Teamwork.
> Participate in timely and accurate reporting according to SRM needs and expectations, keep Executive Team informed and demonstrate commitment to open communication in an effort to fully participate in organizational problem-solving, decision making and strategic planning.
> Design and implement a comprehensive development plan and appropriate marketing strategies and tactics to acquire resources. Areas of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct Mail:
- Working with the Development Director, oversee the creation of all appeals and newsletters, collaborating with outside agency.
- Insure the optimization of the donor database (data in, reports, queries, exports, imports).
- Review segment to maximize return on investment.
- Oversee the creation and implement cultivation strategy.
- New Donor and Lapsed Donor Acquisition:
- Direct the Identification and implement the most cost effective methods to acquire new donors.
- Direct the Identification and implement the most cost effective methods to reactivate lapsed donors.
- Major Gifts:
- Design and implement plan to cultivate largest donors including phone and personal visits and to secure large gifts, typically in excess of $2,500. This will include personal cultivation as well as involvement of CEO and members of the Board.
- Planned Giving:
- Design and implement plan to secure bequests, gift annuities and gifts from charitable trusts, insurance policies, etc.
- Design and implement plan to increase funding from private foundations.
- Cultivate and develop all foundation relationships
- Successfully plan and execute one major and several minor annual fundraising events.
Design and implement plan to cultivate business donors including phone and personal visits and to secure large gifts, corporate sponsorships and GIK Drives. This will include personal cultivation as well as involvement of CEO and members of the Board.
Design and implement plan to cultivate church relationships as donors including phone and personal visits and to secure large gifts, volunteers and GIK Drives. This will include personal cultivation as well as involvement of CEO and members of the Board.
- Public and Media Relations:
- Increase awareness among the general public about the people we serve, their needs, and the solutions we offer to their problems.
> Work collaboratively with staff members to identify avenues of economic support for programs and/or projects.
> Interface regularly with city, state, national, and international organizations and agencies to increase organizational awareness and standing.
> Analyze, synthesize and submit various fundraising reports.
> Represent SRM in meeting with potential funding sources.
> Maintain knowledge about homeless, rescue, and funding environment on a local and national level.
> Speak publicly on the behalf of SRM
> Attend luncheons, dinners, and community events.
> Mature Christian with a commitment to and a passion for changing the lives of the homeless, addicted, and mentally ill.
> Able and willing to share the gospel of Jesus Christ and promote the core values of SRM through building relationships with others and offering an opportunity for them to participate in the ministry.
> Skilled communicator, possessing strong oral and written abilities:
- Able to easily establish rapport with individuals and passionately share the vision and stories of SRM in a way that moves people to support the ministry.
- Persuasive writer, able to capture and communicate the factual and emotional aspects of SRM ministry.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising ethics.
> Highly ethical with the ability to make smart, rapid decisions.
> Strong organizational skills, able to effectively manage people, logistics, information, and events simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
> Good research and resourcing skills, able to identify and acquire new and viable funding sources and to promote the name and purpose of SRM .
> Strong leadership skills, able to effectively train and manage staff to achieve departmental goals, while exhibiting servant leadership.
> Computer literate with proficient knowledge of database software required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL FACTORS:
Occasionally = 1%-33%; Frequently = 34%-66%; Continuously = 67%-100%
Work will predominately require individual to work in a typical office environment.
May occasionally need to work outdoors and after hours for meetings or other fundraising events.
Requires climbing stairs daily.
Position may require occasional travel.
Minimum bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 10 years’ experience with proven results growing responsibilities in fundraising.
Minimum10 years responsibility in an executive leadership capacity