Advisory Subcommittee Members Needed
The Medicare-Medicaid Advisory Subcommittee discusses and makes
recommendations to the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing on issues
related to the development and implementation of Colorado’s Demonstration to
Integrate Care for Full Benefit Medicare-Medicaid Enrollees.
The Subcommittee currently has four vacancies for Medicare-Medicaid enrollees, their
family members or caregivers, or concerned citizens at large. Representation is sought
by or for those 65 years old and older in rural and frontier areas of the state.
Main Responsibilities of Subcommittee Members:
- Attend regularly scheduled monthly meetings either by phone or in person and actively participate.
- Make recommendations in areas including but not limited to:
– Beneficiary Rights and Protections – Enrollment Materials
– Care Coordination – Quality Measures
- Communicate and serve as liaisons between the Department and others in the community.
As defined by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Demonstration
- Improved health outcomes for full benefit Medicare-Medicaid enrollees.
- Improved client experience through enhanced coordination and quality of care.
- Decreased unnecessary and duplicative services and the resulting costs.
The Subcommittee supports these goals through its work.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Teri Bolinger at 303-866-2412 or
Teri.Bolinger@state.co.us. Thank you for considering this important opportunity.